Latest Action Launcher update brings weather widget, more robust theming options
Action Launcher has been one of our favorite launcher apps for years now, and that’s mainly due to the fact that the app’s developer, Chris Lacy, is constantly introducing new and useful features. Just a few weeks ago the launcher gained Google Now integration (yes!), and today the whole experience is getting even better with Action Launcher version 27.
Action Launcher 27 brings an inbuilt weather widget for devices running Android 6.0 Marshmallow or later. The new widget resembles the one you’d find on the Pixel Launcher, but this one allows you to change the temperature units, update frequency, and geofence radius.
The stars of the show here are the new customization options, however. You can now change the transparency of the All Apps page, Quickbar, folders, shutters, and more via Action Launcher’s Quicktheme menu. App Shortcuts and Notification Dots can now be set to match the color of your wallpaper or app icon, which is certainly a nice touch.
What’s more, you can now use the Quickbar (Google Search bar) as a standalone widget, meaning you can move it around to anywhere on your device’s home screen.
In addition to all the changes listed above, there are a few other tidbits included in version 27 that you might want to check out:
- NEW: Adjust the color of the App Shortcuts panels via Quicktheme.
- NEW: App Shortcuts, Shutters and Covers can be tinted with the highlight color of the controlling icon via Quicktheme. Allows for Twitter’s App Shortcuts panel to by light blue, WhatsApp’s to be green, etc.
- NEW: Revamped Quickbar icon picker, and the number of icons available for Quickbar customization has increased from ~200 to ~950.
- NEW: Option to disable widget padding (Settings -> Desktop -> Advanced -> Widget padding).
- IMPROVEMENT: Fixed a nasty memory leak related to the animated clock icon that was causing excessive battery drain and general performance issues.
- FIX: Misc. stability fixes.
Action Launcher version 27 is rolling out now in the Play Store, so head to the link below to check it out for yourself.